Banner

Orchard Girls

Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 Recap & 2015 Resolutions: Kenzie

Hey everyone! I can't believe that 2014 has flown by and it's time to write up my recap for the year! I feel like I just wrote up my post for 2013.

This has been one of the most life changing years for us as a family, and I am truly beyond grateful. If you had asked me even 5 years ago what life would be like for us today, I doubt I would come close. There is no way that I could have ever anticipated the joy and happiness my husband and I share through our marriage and our son, Benjamin. I am blessed and I know it. Thank you, Lord.

Here are our TOP 5 events of 2014, starting at the beginning of the year:
1. January- Babymoon/Anniversary/Valentine's Day trip to Leavenworth area
Adam and I decided to go on a semi-impromptu trip to Leavenworth. We stayed in a little cabin, and really just tried to relax and enjoy some time together. I always love taking little trips with my husband, and I think this was the last one we took as just the two of us! You can read more about that trip here.
2. July- Benjamin is born!
One of the best days of my life. I mentioned in our pregnancy announcement that it had taken Adam and I a little while to get pregnant. We had almost been trying for 2 years when we found out we were pregnant. I don't want to say that this made his birth so much more exciting, because welcoming a little one into your lives will ALWAYS be exciting, but after waiting for that length of time (and desperately wanting a baby) it made having Benjamin that much sweeter. I can't imagine not having him now, and am so grateful for being blessed with this amazing and beautiful child. You can read his Birth Story here.
3. September- 5 Year Wedding Anniversary
We celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary this year. I can't believe that much time has passed since our wedding. I also can't believe all of the things we have done and been through in that period of time. I will always be thankful for our early years in marriage, they made us into a strong and resilient couple.
4. October- Beach Trip!
To celebrate those 5 years (and just to get away!), we took Benjamin on his first trip to the ocean! We stayed in Moclips, WA and thoroughly enjoyed the beach. We made a little day trip up to Lake Quinault, as well. It was so beautiful and peaceful. All in all, Ben did great! Can't wait to take him back when he's older and can run around.
5. December- My Niece was Married!
I have a sister who is 11 years older than I am. We have a wonderful relationship, and she blessed me with a niece who is only 7 years younger than I am. We grew up more like sisters that Aunt & Niece. Our relationship is sort of a mix of the two now that we're older. I was so thrilled to see her get married this last month. She was a beautiful Bride, and I'm so happy to welcome her new husband into our family (and my husband is happy to have another male to help balance out us girls!).

And now for my 2015 Resolutions:
1. Since everyone has to have one "healthy" resolution, mine is no more fast food or soda. Since I already cheated and had some on New Years day, I started over yesterday :) Even if I cannot do it cold turkey, I want to reduce the amount of both.
2. Read through the Bible. We try to do this every year but somehow always miss a few weeks throughout the year.
3. Become involved in a ministry.
4. Play more music. (I had this one last year, too!)
5. And finally, a very special resolution for my husband. This year I will love more fiercely, forgive more freely, speak more kindly, and cherish my spouse more dearly.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2014! Make 2015 even better. 
Lots of love,


2 comments:

  1. Such a great recap of your year!! Waiting for a baby is hard!! It's been almost 2 years for us and we are still waiting. Hoping to be blessed with one soon:)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, waiting is SO SO hard. I think I tried just about everything I could do on my own- pineapple core, fertility tea, laying in different positions, fertility monitor. The monitor actually helped, though! We conceived the second cycle I used it- so I think it's worth the money. Sending thoughts and prayers your way, Julie. -Kenzie

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...