Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thrifty Nursery Finds

You guys know that I've been working on our nursery. I can't seem to get it off my mind! I tend to be a bit obsessive about these things, staying up at night thinking about furniture rearrangements. Anyway, I've been on the look out for some cute personalized things to spruce up the nursery, but haven't really been buying anything. I picked up a few things the last couple of days purely because they were a steal.

First I got this little wire owl from a local thrift shop for $2.99. He was just too cute.
From the same store, I found these natural wood frames (all brand new and wrapped in plastic). They were marked at $1.99, but they were 50% off today, so I only spent a dollar on each. I figured I could do a lot with these. My mom suggested staining them, or painting them. Who knows what I will end up doing. I quite like them the way they are.
And finally, I found a rug! I've been eyeing the rugs at Urban Outfitters, but couldn't spend the 70ish dollars just yet. Then, Kayla and I were at Ross and I came across this beauty! It is similar in texture to the Urban Outfitters rugs, and can be washed in your washing machine! BUT, this 5'x7' (shows up how small this nursery is) was only $27!
Looks like I may need to do a bit of ironing, and take the tags off! I did have to get some rug pads to go underneath this.

You can see that I have already rearranged the room since my last nursery post on Tuesday. Yep, thank you, insomnia.

I hope you all are doing well. Our snow is melting and we are in a big slushy mess right now. Hopefully the sun will stay out and dry it all up. Have a great rest of your Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. My theory with kid rooms is that it's okay to have smaller rooms when they are young. They/you spend most of the day in the main living room. :) the room is coming together and I'm a little sad that I haven't done anything and I have a 4 yr old and a15 month old with one more on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have died if I found that owl at the thrift store! I LOVE IT! I want to go to this thrift store next time I'm in town!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...