Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Turn this...into That!


I just need to say the weather has been amazing lately!! Apparently, Washington State had the warmest weather in the U.S on Monday…odd, but we sure enjoyed it. Daniel, Addie, and I have been going on walks, riding the 4 wheeler, and just soaking up the sun. On Tuesday, I took Addie and met a friend with her son who is around Addie’s age and we walked downtown
This street is full of awesome Thrift/Antique stores! I didn't purchase anything, but I've got my eye on a few items to hopefully purchase someday if they're still available. Anyway, I’ve caught the thrifty DIY bug and even though I couldn't buy anything I wanted to hopefully inspire you guys with a few easy thrifty ideas/projects using items you might already own and are just laying around the house.
Turn this….into That!
1. Cardboard box into Cute kids toy box
Take an old cardboard box and cover it with any extra fabric you may have. This project was so easy. Measure out your fabric according to the box. Then I used a heavy weather proof tape to attach it. It was that simple, and free…you can’t beat free!

2. Mason jar and candle stick into Fun straw container
This Straw container was pretty easy too. Actually, you could use it for so many different items, but I just happen to have straws with no place to put them, so I chose that. I used a mason jar that was $2 and a candle stick that was $1 and some “e600” glue. First I spray painted the candle stick and the mason jar lid. Then after they dried I glued them together.

3. Old picture frame into Memory keepsake
Who doesn't have random picture frames laying around? Pick a theme. Gather up some pictures and keepsake items, and lay them out on a piece of scrapbook paper. I chose items from when Adeline was born. A free keepsake frame that will be passed down to the next generation.

I hope these ideas give you some inspiration to get thrifty! 
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...